Today we’re going to feature a sort of suggested reading list — a round-up sort of post — for interesting, entertaining and informative photography related material that we’ve found around the internet. I hope you enjoy and get use from most of these great resources. And, if you know of some great photography sites that we missed, and that you enjoy and find to be useful, please feel free to use the comment box provided at the end of this post and let us, and our readers, know about them!
In no particular order, here are some recent great and interesting resources for reading that should be of interest to photographers:
- I, Creator: Growing on Your Terms — by Brian Matiash
- 12 Secrets for Unlocking Your Most Creative Work — by Chase Jarvis
- West Africa Photo Essay — by Gary Arndt
- A Photographer’s Gift to their Family — by Joe McNally
- How To Organize Folders + Images of Shoots — by Jasmine Star
- Steamy Shower Effect Made Easy — From Smoking Strobes (contains nudity)
- MindShift Filter Hive — (review) from David duChemin
- Anatomy of an Editorial Shoot — by Zack Arias
- Modifying Speed-Lights — (tutorial) by Syl Arena
- Tips for Taking Great Outdoor Photos — by Nathaniel Chu
So, there’s a round-up of ten great photography resources from around the internet that I’ve happened to stumble across recently, and though they would be of interest to our readers. Those should keep you reading for a while. And, when you get done with those, how about a refresher of a few of our very own, older, lesser viewed, yet still good, articles dredged up from darkest recesses of the PhotographyGiveaways.Com archives?
- Photography Tips for Photographing Children
- Natural Light Photography Tips and Tricks
- How to Choose the Right Photography Workshops for You
- 5 DSLR Photography Tips for Beginners
- Online Photography Classes
And, if that’s not enough to keep you busy until we post our next photography article, here are yet a few more great photography related things that I managed to stumble upon, and found interesting, while tooling around the internet recently:
- Home-based Photography Studio: convenience and limitations — by Alex Koloskov
- Four Great Still-Shooting Feats My Sub-$1K Mirrorless Can Do That My $3K DSLR Can’t — by Bob Krist
- Making a Change Using Photography — by Nia Haf
- Conceptual Photography: 100 Stunning and Breathtaking Photos — from Demortalz
- Exploded Flowers — from FQWImages
- What Makes a Good Photograph? — by G. Bénard
- Negative Spaces and Positive Spaces in Digital Photography — by Amy Renfrey
- Getting Creative with Beach Photography — from PosterJack
- The Golden Ratio (Phi) and Photography — by Peter and Mary (PAM Photography)
- 40+ Amazing Examples of Bokeh Photography — by Fermin Aziz
There you have it! An awesome round-up of twenty great photography things I’ve recently found on the internet, along with five of our own more scarcely views articles. I’m sure you’ll find lots of stuff in there to stir your senses, get your creative photographic juices roaring, and to fill your head with all sorts of incredibly interesting things to think about and digest!
And, as always, remember to bookmark us and check back often and soon, as we’ve got a lot more interesting and informative photography articles and information coming up for you in the future.
But, what about you? Have recently stumbled upon any super-cool, totally awesome-rific photography related sites on the internet that just blew your socks off? If so, we’d appreciate it if you’d let us know about them! Please use the comment box below and share whatever glorious photographic web-nuggets of interesting info. or entertainment that you’ve managed to find!
And, until next time — may the sun be at your back, may your batteries always be charged, may no gust of errant wind cast your reflectors into irretrievable flight, have a great day, and happy shooting!